Before passing healthy lifestyle habits on to your children, you should abide by this old proverb. Mentoring your kid to live a healthy lifestyle might be easy. But that’s not all. You should also ensure that the younger ones are paying attention to the lessons taught by you and implementing them with perfection. Teaching your kid how to dress and talk isn’t enough unless you are investing time in teaching them how to make healthy choices. Did you know 18.4% of children aged 6-11 years are obese? Most alarmingly, 5.5 million children under five years old, died in the year 2017. If you think these stats are alarming, it’s time for you to take charge of the situation, be attentive towards your child, and be the Superhero he or she seeks in life. Here’s everything you need to do in order to make your child healthy.
Ensure physical activity, nutrition and sound sleep
It is said that the children in the United States weigh more than they used to, and consume more food rich in fat and sugar. In addition to it, they spend less time in physical activities. As a result, it leads to obesity, indigestion, disrupted nutritional growth, lack of sound sleep and the likes.
First things first, being a responsible parent, you must take care of the issues and help the little ones step into a healthier future.
- Refer to the Nutrition Facts Label for kids and family, and consider using proper portion sizes for your children.
- You should consider prioritizing the type of food you buy for your kids. The idea is to serve a variety of meals comprising fresh vegetables, fruits and protein in moderation.
- Teach your child to eat snacks and meals together as a family, and not in front of the computer or television.
- Limit the intake of regular-calorie drinks for your kid. These include soft drinks, flavored milk and the likes.
- Consult health experts or family physician regarding the amount of sleep your child should get.
- Encourage them to participate in physical activities often. These may include outdoor games, aerobic activities, freehand exercises and the likes.
Be a role model; practice what you preach
Merely teaching your child how to do certain things shouldn’t be the sole concern. You need to make an effort so that they look up to you. Here are a few practices you can embrace in order to get things going.
Focus on self-improvement. For instance, you cannot afford to come home in an inebriated state and preach about the negative consequences of alcohol to your children.
Open up; do not hide who you are as a person to your kid. If you are a happy-go-lucky guy, there’s no point wearing the veil of an overly strict parent. Reportedly, strict parenting creates behavioral problems in children.
Back up your words!
It is important for you to back up your words with facts or real-life examples. You may give your child a pep talk about consuming too many soft drinks is not good for health. Wouldn’t it be better if you consider backing it up with facts displaying the negative effects of it?
Not only should you be taking vitamins but you should be encouraging your children to take vitamins every day as well. There are so many vitamins out there, how do you know what is best for your kiddos? We have the perfect solution. Kids Smart High DHA Fish Oil Chewable Burstlets are the ones for you. First of all, we know that making any vitamin chewable and tasty is the number one way to get our kids to take vitamins.
Secondly, we want to get as many beneficial uses of the vitamins they are taking as possible! Kids Smart Fish Oil contains a high amount of DHA fish oil (133mg) which is higher than many options on the market. This means it can help support and maintain healthy brain function, eye health, and support the nervous system. Fish oil helps support learning. healthy behavior, and temperament too.
Why is that important? It’s important for kids because fish oil provides two essential omega-3 fatty acids. They are both fatty acids that our body can’t produce so it’s important that we get them from the food that we eat. If your kiddo is not the best eater, this is a definite vitamin that you want them to start taking immediately. Plus, they taste like berry, so why not!?
Kids Smart High DHA Fish Oil Chewable Burstlets can be purchased on Amazon. You may share this deal with your audience: Save 20% when you purchase a 30-count bottle of Kids Smart High DHA Fish Oil Chewable Burstlets on Amazon with the promo code 20MM20KS. Offer ends March 14, 2020.
Ensure a safe environment for your child
It is absolutely important to make your child feel secure. Mental health of a child is one of the most alarming concerns, if we are to talk about passing on healthy lifestyle habits. 7.1% of children between the age group 3-17 years have experienced anxiety, and 3.2% of them have diagnosed depression.
Here’s how you can secure a safe and stable environment for your kids.
- Give them your time. Spend quality moments with your child, watch them laugh, crack jokes and learn things.
- Praise your children. When we praise them, it automatically boosts their self-esteem and self-worth. Also make sure to praise them loudly with great pride.
- Even if your kids end up committing a mistake, do not go too hard on them. Take some time out to sit with your child, talk to him/her, understand their perspectives and evaluate the mistakes accordingly
Keep track of your child’s academic success
Academic success has a crucial role to play when it comes to determining a healthy lifestyle for kids. As children grow more independent over the years, it becomes difficult for the parents to know which situations require their involvement and the ones that don’t.
Prof. David Owens, senior assignment help expert, essayassignmenthelp.ae, is of the opinion, “Being in the industry of academic writing for years, I have seen students struggling with their projects and buzzing us in the middle of the night, just because they find their parents less approachable in this context. This is certainly a problem.”
Yes, it is. Unless you are expressing an interest in the educational growth of your kids, merely shouting at them won’t help.
Here’s what you need to do.
- Never skip attending parent-teacher conferences.
- Visit the school website often and stay updated with the latest academic norms on behalf of your kids.
- Acknowledge homework pressures and teach your child how to manage stress.
- Stay updated with the bullying policies of your child’s school and figure out if he/she is already a victim. If yes, train them to be vocal, so that they can bring up things without inhibitions.
Now that you know how instill a healthy lifestyle in your child, embrace the practice that suits your convenience, and gift your kid a colorful tomorrow.
Here’s a quick recap of the actionable points.
- Take charge of nutrition, physical activities and sleep hours of your child.
- Focus on sticking to your words and practice what you preach.
- Be more approachable, and make your kids feel more safe and secure.
- Keep track of your child’s academic growth and every other aspect associated with the same.
After all, parental love is the only form of love that is truly selfless.