As a parent, I always struggle with what I can get for my daughter that she will use beyond Christmas. There are so many toys out there that you can get and that can get shelved within a month of getting it. But what type of gifts could you get for your child that they can actually use throughout the year and for years after that?
Recently we have been looking into bigger purchases and less smaller purchases for our daughter since she has so many toys. We go through her toys every 3-6 months and try to clear out the ones that have lost all their pieces etc. and it just never ends! There are so many of them. My husband and I felt like we shouldn’t buy her any more toys this Christmas because she already has so many! But what do we get them? I looked further and I found a few gifts that would go beyond the holidays.
- Rolling Luggage – This has been a huge hit in our house. My daughter uses it to pretend that we are going on a vacation and she rolls it around as if we are at the airport. She will use this to travel back to the east coast for the holidays but she loves bringing it around the house with her toys in it. Wildkin makes these amazing rolling luggage in so many different designs!
2. Rocking Chair– This can be a gift that would last for a long time. It can be used in the playroom always!
3. Very Hungry Caterpillar Bench– Kids always need toy chests and sometimes you need like 5 of them. What a better gift than a super cool chest to put all their toys in? It is also a bench that they can sit on and read.
4. Teepee – A fun addition to a play area or a bedroom. This can be used for years, it will never get old. It is really easy to put together.
5. Princess Revolving Bookcase – Is that not the coolest thing you have ever seen? It even spins too and holds books. Wow! This can be a very long lasting gift. They also have a sports, owl, and very hungry caterpillar ones as well.
6. Olive Kids Horse 7 Pc Comforter Set – Getting a new bedding set for a toddler is the most amazing thing in the world, especially if it is something that they love. There are many other designs besides horses so make sure to check them out.
7. Sleeping Bag – A really fun gift that they can use to play with and bring to their friends house when they are sleeping over or even their grandparents house for a sleepover too.
8. Princess Table and Chairs – What a great addition to your children’s bedroom or playroom so that they can feel independent when playing. They can use this to eat, color, read, craft, etc!
9. Aztec Backpack – A new backpack is a great way to encourage school and the love of it.
10. Step Stool – A creative idea to get for your child that can be used anywhere in the house and is important to have, especially near the bathroom!
Make sure to purchase at least one long lasting gift for your children this year. Eliminating some of the toys and replacing it with a fun item that can last longer than a toy is a huge benefit to both you and your children.
[this post contains affiliate links. please visit my disclaimer page for more information about affiliate links and sponsored posts.]