In this 21st century, there are a lot of disease and syndromes that have come to notice. Despite physical diseases, there are lots of mental diseases. Some of these diseases are curable but at the same time, some of them are incurable. Thus, people should know about all the disease and syndromes correctly and should undergo the correct treatment. One such complicated syndrome is dyslexia. As it is a syndrome it is incurable, but it can be managed with some special instructions. The dyslexia test and treatments can help you to prevent adverse effects of this disease.
The word was first coined by a German ophthalmologist Rudolf Berlin in 1887. Dyslexia was first known as “word blindness”. Through many types of research, it is observed that dyslexia are an in-born syndrome and one person gains it by birth. If a person comes to know that he is having dyslexia he should go for a dyslexia test and treatment.
What is Dyslexia?
Dyslexia or word blindness is a syndrome which occurs from birth and it cannot be prevented or healed. It is actually a learning disorder. This syndrome makes one tough to read, write and spell words or letters. Mainly children suffer from such problems and as a parent, you should identify this syndrome at the initial stage. Having it does not mean that the child is dumb or unintelligent. Kids having it needs special care and treatment that will help the kid overcome his problems. The test and treatment can help the kid overcome this dyslexic disorder.
What are the Signs?
A kid having dyslexia faces many problems in his daily life. Some of the signs that will help one understand if a kid is having a disorder are as follows:
- Deciphering single words becomes difficult for the kids.
- Confusion in using small words together like at / to, said/ and, is/it, goes/ does and many others.
- Learning process in them is very slow as compared to other kids and thus they may face difficulty to learn connection between letters and sounds.
- Difficulty in retelling or telling a story. Sometimes they cannot keep track of the story also.
- They also have trouble telling the correct time or numbers.
- They may end up writing incorrect numbers and they cannot able to solve numerical or mathematical questions. Even they cannot understand the mathematical signs.
- But they can be creative in mind and they can shine in art and cultural activities. They have some hobbies and if you encourage them then they will establish them in their respective creative field.
These are some of the signs that will help one understand if a kid is having dyslexia disorder. Thus, the test and treatment will help this kid gain a new life and have less difficulty in reading, writing, speaking or understanding.
Tips that One can use to help Kid Overcome Dyslexia
One can help a child overcome dyslexia by going through the test and treatment. Some of the tips that can be used by one to help kid overcome it are as follows:
- One needs to take extra care and give special attention to a kid suffering from dyslexia.
- One should help the child understand the letters and their actual pronunciations.
- You can recreate some stories to make them understand about storybooks, articles, and folklores so that the child can recognize the alphabets and a phonetics.
- The kids suffering from dyslexia often have anxiety or depression and, in this case, you should go for the dyslexia test and treatment.
These are some tips that can be used by one to help these children. These children are very special, and you should take some special treatment and care to help them to learn something new.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please visit the disclaimer page for more information.